Our customer is looking for a Lead Java Developer to strengthen the Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) development team, located in the Mechelen offices. The team comprises more than 35 IT professionals, organized in Agile teams and is responsible for delivering scalable, high quality, secure, mission critical financial software to the global financial industry.
The successful candidate will join an Agile team, and leverage his strong technical skills to contribute and drive activities in all aspects of the development cycle, covering the design, development and testing of the Alliance Message Hub solution.
As a senior member of a multi-disciplinary Agile team:
- You drive all activities needed for the team to meet their targets. Starting from business objectives, you take initiatives and propose best course of action, while keeping the full team motivated and focussed on their mission.
- You propose and participate in technical feasibility studies, suggest solution designs and estimate the efforts required to implement solutions.
- You actively contribute in the development, testing of product features in line with agreed requirements. You provide expert support to others in specific areas of the application.
- Focussed on quality, you coach junior team members, conduct peer code reviews and ensure compliance with any applicable company Java coding and security guidelines.
- You explain and demonstrate individual and team achievements toward both IT and Business staff, and provide input to technical writers for end-user documentation.
- You stay up-to-date with technology evolution, focusing on technologies relevant for the products you are contributing to.
- Master degree in Information Technology.
- 10+ years of relevant experience of which 5+ years in Java development with exposure to complex software systems.
- Initial experience in coaching of team members in a self-steering Agile context.
Professional knowledge and expertise:
- Experience in designing and implementing software solutions with high scalability, performance and resilience (i.e. multi-threading, clustering, concurrency).
Hands-on knowledge of:
- Java 8 & 11, JBoss EAP application server, Oracle DB and SQL (relational databases),
- Authentication technologies, PKI, encryption (SSL) and digital signatures,
- JMS messaging, XML and related technologies
- Any pre-knowledge of financial messaging systems, ISO20022 is a clear plus.
- Team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment with a positive "can do" mentality.
- Precise and quality oriented.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Good communication skills – excellent conduct of English
Tri-ICT is a ParkLane business unit dedicated to develop and provide quality IT consulting, project and recruitment services to organizations. We operate in co-creation with our own highly qualified Me inc.® consultants, our partners and other TriFinance business groups.
Our services are based on knowledge, experience, skills, methods and resources related to IT and business, in narrow sense, and innovative digital solutions, in a broader sense. Tri-ICT maintains a friendly, fair, and creative work environment, which respects diversity, new ideas, and hard work.
- You decide your own career path! We will help you on the way to achieve certain goals.
- The chance to think of innovative IT-solutions and to implement them with an important impact on the business.
- Extensive training and mentoring courses, to give you the possibility to improve your skills and knowledge.
- And..... the possibility to compose your own salary package via our FlexRewardPlan. Of course you will have the usual things like a company car, fuel card, group/health insurance, net expenses...
Our client is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10.000 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. Enabling its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies.
This position is open to candidates looking for a permanent opportunity as a consultant with Tri-ICT, aswell as for freelancers looking for a new project opportunity !